As I came back to this page after leaving it alone for so many months and reading back through the original posts, the first word that came to mind is Desensitized. I was so afraid that it would happen after we returned home from Africa. I was so afraid that I would lose the feelings and the images that were imbedded into my skull. I haven't lost them and I haven't forgotten them, but they eventually faded and got dimmer, pushed into the back of my mind. The busyness of life, the comfort of our home, the blessing that we are surrounded with just desensitized me. Too many times I, and we, get so busy and so blessed with the comfort and bounty that I/we forget.
My husband and I, along with several other people, are preparing to leave for Haiti. As we do so, I am seriously reminded of what we are about to walk into. The things that we are about to witness and be a part of are hard to even wrap my mind around. Am I prepared to see it? Nope. Am I prepared to touch it? Nope. Am I prepared to hug, love, build, work and sweat? Absolutely. God has a purpose and I cannot wait to be a part of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment